What Poke Means On Facebook

What Poke Means On Facebook - Over the past year, I've noticed something very fascinating surrounding the Facebook Poke - either people comprehend it fully, or it makes definitely no feeling and also creates full consfusion and also is bordered in enigma.

Recently, I made an article on my Facebook timeline. It said, "The are two types of individuals in this globe: those that recognize the principle of the Facebook Poke, as well as those that do not." This triggered fairly a fascinating discussion about the phenomenon known as "poking".

The discussion was so wild, it prompted me to compose this blog post to attempt to give insight to the people that just do not get the entire "jabbing" point. I reside in a house divided. Of the Facebookers in my family members, two totally "get it", and also 2 can't make any type of sense from it. So I will certainly aim to provide some understanding on what I believe poking is about.


In my Facebook world, I have an inner circle of loved ones who allow believers of the Poke. It is extremely purposeful to us, and making use of poking is just merely comprehended instantly. While I have actually brought a number of individuals right into my Secret Order of the Poke, there are numerous others who do not comprehend it in any way.

A few of my new "Pokees", upon obtaining their initial poke on my behalf, have called me immeidately to ask, "why did you do that, as well as exactly what does that imply?" I obtain a good laugh out of that reaction.

I discover great difficulty at times attempting to explain to them why they've been poked, and also some don't seem to be able to catch on and also recognize. However those that do become enthusiastic Online pokers. Yet just what does it suggest?

What Poke Means On Facebook


To participants of my inner poke circle, a Poke is a way of remaining in touch in a busy globe without the have to compose emails, instantaneous messages, or making telephone call. Certain, we still interact from time-to-time, however the Poke is a wonderful way to maintain individuals close and also let them recognize that you are alive and well.

To the serious texas hold'em, a Poke is a simple way to say hi. It's an interesting thing to go through your poke listing and administer a fresh round of reaching out to touch your buddies. For instance, every couple of days I come to expect a poke from cousin Ritchie, daughter Erika, high school friend Dawn, college friend Sean, church friend David, coworker Tandi, as well as numerous others.

I also enjoy to get a poke from my beautiful wife Schasta, despite the fact that she protests all the while. When my little girl and also I poke her, the reaction is typically "WHY DO YOU MAINTAIN JABBING ME! QUIT!!!", to which my child hilariouisly replies, "then quit poking me back!". We simply laugh and also keep it up.

But my child Scott, like a few other, chooses not to poke back. His feedback is normally something along the lines of "that does not make any kind of sensible feeling! I'm not jabbing anybody!"

Numerous others obtain truly uneasy when they get a poke, since it does not included an explanation. Some even get gone nuts by the action, as well as take it in an entirely weird means.

The Facebook message brought up some interesting questions. Household friend Sis Kim asked if poking individuals of the exact same sex was an appropriate technique, due to the fact that she had actually heard that a close friend took offense to it. Others also wondered if there was some kind of sexual connotation to the poke.

While poking can be something as basic as a "hi", there's nothing to state that some individuals do not pop out a poke to reveal an enchanting interest in the pokee. It could stimulate feelings of creepiness or anxiousness.

In the past, I have had the experience of solitary individuals poking several of my female friends that they are not connected with on Facebook. This is clearly a violatoin of Poke principles. When this takes place, I generally get a message from my female good friend asking "that is this weirdo close friend of yours jabbing me, and also did you inform him to do that?"

I thought about creating a message on my Facebook wall specifying a policy that there will certainly be no bird-dogging of my female good friends by solitary males without my shared composed authorization, or a $100 fine would be imposed against any violators. Yet I opted to simply let it go.

But with every one of the excellent and also the negative, the Poke can be a wonderful thing if used properly. As a matter of fact, I continuously expand my Inner Poke Circle as time marches on. It is something that my poke family members has expanded to enjoy.

At the same time, I value those that have no use for the Poke, don't get the Poke, or are simply befuzzled by what it means. I simply remain in touch with those good friends the old fashioned way.

What does the Facebook Poke mean to you? Are you a serious Texas hold'em, or is it something that you couldn't care less for? Join the Poke conversation as well as tell me about your poke experience!